EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Hudson, a Dufry company and travel experience leader with more than 1,000 stores in airports, transportation hubs, landmarks and tourist destinations across North America, today strengthened its longstanding partnership with the Clark County Department of Aviation, securing an extension contract at Harry Reid International Airport (LAS) through 2038.
The new contract extends a partnership dating back to 2003, underscoring Hudson’s continued adaptability to evolve with trends and exceed traveler needs, with LAS serving a record 51.5 million passengers in 2019. Expanding further addition to its commitment, Hudson will invest significant capital into transforming its retail and digital portfolio at LAS.
This reimagined retail experience will deliver operational excellence in a way only Hudson can – through industry-leading service, technology offerings, store design, product assortment and an innovative portfolio of amenities and specialty products. travel.
As part of this, Hudson will convert 17 of its 31 existing stores to all new concepts in 2022 and 2023, increasing its travel convenience and specialty retail footprint and complementing its current premium brand offering, including the duty free. The new stores will feature striking design elements inspired by “The City of Lights”, a selection of additional products from local partner brands like Ethel M and expanded digital touchpoints.
Red By Dufry, Hudson’s new loyalty program, will be available in select stores so travelers can interact with Hudson before, during and after their trip and enjoy exclusive perks every time they shop. Hudson will also increase the presence of digital payment options, allowing team members to spend more time helping travelers. This includes doubling the number of cash registers and introducing mobile POS and other frictionless payment features for the first time because Hudson knows what it means to provide fast, convenient service.
“Thank you to Rosemary Vassiliadis and the entire airport management team for sharing our vision for the future of travel retail here in Las Vegas,” said Brian Quinn, Executive Vice President and Assistant General Manager of Hudson. . “With this new expansion, we have the opportunity to reinvent our store concepts and product selection to create unique shopping experiences designed for today’s retail environment and travelers, leveraging leveraged our strengths in travel convenience, specialty retail and digital innovation.”
“Hudson has been a long-standing and valued partner in providing a world-class travel experience for those traveling to and from Las Vegas,” said Rosemary Vassiliadis, Director of Aviation at Harry Reid International Airport. . “Innovation is one of our core values at LAS, and we appreciate Hudson’s investment in technology and forward-looking retail concepts as we work together to meet and exceed expectations. travellers.”
Spanning over 25,500 square feet in Terminal 1, Terminal 3 and Gates D, the reimagined stores include:
- Hudson: As North America’s largest travel essentials and convenience brand designed with a seamless customer experience, Hudson offers books, magazines, snacks and beverages, travel and convenience items, local souvenirs , electronic devices, etc.
- Hudson nonstop: Skip the checkout lines at Hudson Nonstop, a travel convenience concept that offers travelers a quick and frictionless way to grab their essentials, food and beverages, and local favorites and then step out, the all without stopping to pay.
Specialized retail trade:
- Brookstone: The ultimate lifestyle and experience destination, Brookstone offers innovative products in categories including audio, gadgets, luggage, STEM, travel accessories and wellness – available through partnership exclusive travel retailer.
- Evolve by Hudson: Combining the accessibility of travel conveniences with specialty retail, Evolve by Hudson is a one-stop-shop purpose-built for the local market.
- The Atrium: Showcasing a collection of local, regional, national and global brands, the Atrium is a specialty retail experience with branded boutiques inside.
- Sunglasses shack: The premier eyewear destination, Sunglass Hut offers the most sought-after fashion, luxury and performance sunglasses brands in a fun and highly engaging shopping experience. The store offers a wide range of styles from exclusive brands from Sunglass Hut, Ray-Ban and Oakley, as well as high-end brands.
- UNOde50: Discover the creative world of UNOde50, unique jewelry handmade in Spain. With a promise of exclusivity in its name, the brand presents limited editions of 50 units in each collection.
The new stores will operate under Hudson Las Vegas JV, a joint venture between Hudson and its Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) partners: AC, LLC; BTU Gift & News, Inc.; Epicure International Group, Inc.; and SB Specialties, Inc.
Hudson, a Dufry Company, is a travel experience company transforming the world of travel into a world of opportunity by being a traveler’s best friend at more than 1,000 stores in airports, suburban centers, landmarks and tourist places. Our team members treat travelers like friends at our travel, specialty retail, duty-free and restaurant destinations. At the intersection of travel and retail, we partner with owners and sellers and take innovative business approaches to deliver exceptional value. To learn more about how we can make your location a travel destination, visit us at hudsongroup.com or follow our journey on LinkedIn and Instagram.
About Harry Reid International Airport (LAS)
Harry Reid International Airport (LAS) is located just minutes from the famous Las Vegas Strip and is the gateway for millions of visitors to Southern Nevada each year. The eighth busiest airport in North America, LAS offers one of the most attractive and unique travel destinations in the world. LAS is owned and operated by Clark County, Nevada, and does not benefit from local taxpayer dollars.
#Hudson #obtains #contract #extension #Harry #Reid #International #Airport #Las #Vegas